Monday, June 17, 2013

Day One

Full disclosure: I own stock in ARNA, I am not otherwise a representative for the company.

I am writing this blog because FDA studies are somewhat difficult to decipher as a consumer, and because I own stock in ARNA and I want to have as much information as possible. What I present here is not medical advice. At best, everything I report will be anecdotal, and will not apply to everyone. At worst, it will be extremely subjective, uncontrolled, and riddled with my own personal hypochondria. The only promise that I can make to anyone reading this is that I will make investment decisions (in the future) based on what I report here, and that I will try to make this as objective as a self-administered case study can be.

Today 6/17/13, I went to the doctor and got a prescription for a bottle of Lorcaserin HCl. The doctor did not know what it was, so I told him it was an appetite suppressant, and that I was looking to lose weight. He wrote me a prescription and also recommended that I get my thyroid checked. My BMI is 41, which surprised me, as I never thought of myself as "morbidly obese". I have been quite athletic in the past, and I think that I am at a pretty good weight around 200 lbs, or a BMI of about 29.

I filled the prescription at the CVS and took my first pill one hour ago with "dinner". My eating schedule is pretty erratic. I basically live on coffee and a yogurt, or maybe a bag of chips until dinner, at which point I basically make myself food and eat it standing up until I am full, then I snack until I fall asleep. On Fridays, my office has pizza, and I usually eat way more of that than I should (about 4 slices), and then I eat a lighter dinner, but Fridays are not good for me.

Tonight I got home late, and I usually don't eat much when I get home late, but I had some carrots and a peach, and some yogurt. I feel fine, but I usually don't feel hungry when I get home late so no news there.

Next post tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Based on your description of your diet, I can see why the doctor suggested a thyroid check.

    Surprised the doctor hasn't heard of Belviq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snacking here means eating a lot of somewhat crappy food. I probably pack in about 3000 calories between when I get home and when I fall asleep, but I don't know because counting is depressing. I have been by no means living a "healthy" lifestyle.

      Delete