Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day Nine

I made an objectivity error, and read someone else's account of their experience on the drug. It does seem to line up with my own experience, here is a link to it, but I fear my future objectivity might have been tainted by suggestion. It is worth noting that this is the first account that I have read.

Today I had carrots and bread with tomato sauce for dinner. I later snacked on some blueberries and a cookie. I also had a beer. I wouldn't be surprised if they find that alcohol to some alters the effect of the drug significantly, but I'm not sure how you would measure such a thing.

Alcohol acts on the serotonergic system, and while it is not clear how it does this, it is also not clear how Belviq works. My first time mixing the two I felt much drunker than I should have after a glass of wine, but I did not notice any increase in appetite corresponding to it. I have recently begun having a beer with "dinner" and I have also been hungrier later into the night. Not hugely, and it certainly isn't a problem. I usually just eat some carrots and maybe a cookie, and I'm satisfied.

If I had to guess this is more likely a result of not eating anything at all during the day, than an effect of alcohol, but it is a little odd because I am quite satisfied after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment